Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sex and The City

As i sit here watching Season 5 on my cousins laptop..I wonder what My life as a single girl would be like without this show.....would i have learned many of the valuable lessons about men that I have learned over the years...I am well aware that apart from Gay men and men who just watch it to see sex that for the most part men hate the show..Because its true!.. I would have never learned the "hes just not that into you" philosophy which has saved me many a sleepless night and many a drunken call. Most of us have our "big" and our "Aidan" and some of us even have our "burger". I don't know if i would have made it through some of my toughest break ups without this show...I'm sure alot of people wont understand..but i know 3 ladies who definitely will...My Carrie (Natalie), My Samantha (Jessica), And my Miranda (Sarah)..of course that leaves me to be Charlotte..eternally optimistic and always seeing the good in situation and always the hopeless romantic. What men don't like about this show is the fact that it has given single women the opportunity to date and act like men do all the time..It has given women a voice about sex, and relationships, and fucked up situations...Being Single at 26 is ok....I don't have to be married, and i don't have to be tied down or want kids(not saying i don't want those things..just saying i don't need them)...My life is mine and i would like to think That this show had some little part in making me see things differently.

No comments: